IR@NAL is a service that the ICAST-NAL offers to the members of its community for the management, preservation and dissemination of digital materials created by the institution and its community members.
IR@NAL is an online, open access archive of research output by the National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL) researchers, and includes articles, conference papers, book chapters, Technical reports, Presentation materials and associated data. Any kind of material can be considered for submission as long as it is unclassified research output or data.
Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
1. Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
2. The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
3. The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
1. Anyone may access publicly available full items free of charge.
2. Copies of full items generally can be:
(a) Reproduced, displayed or performed, given to third parties, and stored in a database in any format or medium
(b) for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
(a) the authors, title, affiliation and full bibliographic details are given
(b) a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
(c) the content is not changed in any way
3. Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
4. Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
5. Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
6. This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
7. Mention of IR@NAL is appreciated but not mandatory.
Content Policy for types of document data set held
1. This is an institutional repository.
2. IR@NAL holds all types of intellectual output.
3. E-print documents may include:
(a) Unpublished pre-prints (not peer-reviewed)
(b) Final peer-reviewed drafts (post-prints)
(c) Published articles
(d) Technical Reports
(e) Presentation Materials
(f) Book Chapters
4. Principal Languages: English, Hindi, Kannada
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality copyright
1. Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the institution, or their delegated representatives.
2. Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
3. In the case of Collaborative work at least one of the creators must be from NAL
4. In case of authors deputation to and from NAL, it is mandatory to have NAL affiliation in their work, which can be deposited in IR@NAL
5. The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of IR@NAL, valid layout and format, and the exclusion of spam
6. The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
7. Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or founders' embargo period has expired.
8. Creators can also send their articles to IR@NAL via e-mail, IR Staff will deposit on behalf of creators, but strongly recommend creators to deposit
9. Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
10. Publishers policies towards Institutional repositories will be made available on IR@NAL
11. If IR@NAL receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
1. Items will be retained indefinitely.
2. IR@NAL will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
3. IR@NAL regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
4. Items may not normally be removed from IR@NAL.
5. Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
(a) Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
(b) Legal requirements and proven violations
(c) National Security
(d) Falsified research
6. Withdrawn items will not be deleted from IR, but are removed from public view.
7. Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
8. Changes to deposited items are not permitted, if necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
9. Errata and corrigenda lists may be included with the original record if required.